he mandate of the Research and Collections Branch is to contribute to the knowledge of Canadian historical and cultural experience particularly in the fields of Canadian archaeology, ethnology, cultural studies and history, by:
- undertaking research programmes and adding to the collections and programmes of the CMC;
- curating exhibitions, writing for publication, and providing expertise;
- maintaining and preserving CMC’s collections;
- to develop, manage and implement a publishing programme for the CMC’s various clienteles; and
- making accessible both to internal and external users, the CMC’s collections and related information.