From a model of the northern portion of Frobisher's Countess of Warwick's Island, now known as Kodlunarn Island, as it may have appeared during late August 1578.
Mine Locations in Outer Frobisher Bay (mines that have been identified by archaeologists)
The scars made by mining tools are still clearly visible on the walls of the mine at the northern end of the Countess of Warwick's Island (Kodlunarn Island).
By Francis Back
Groups of Inuit appeared occasionally in the vicinity of the English mines. Both peoples were so wary of one another that no direct contact was made, and Frobisher failed in his attempt to bring more hostages to England.
"Therefore, though our Generall were very desirous to haue taken some of them to haue brought into Englande, they being nowe growen more wary by their former losses, woulde not at any time come within our daungers."