About the Theatre
- 2 giant screens
- 7 storeys high
- 180o field of vision
- 6-channel digital sound system
- 30 000 watts of sound
- 15 000 watts of light creating images that you can see from the moon
- 1 ultimate IMAX experienceTM
The CMC’s IMAX Theatre
- Offers the ultimate IMAX Experience on the region’s biggest and brightest screen!
- Is the only one in North America to present 3D films on the IMAX screen and 2D films on the IMAX Dome
- Uses the largest commercial film format in motion picture history: 70 mm, 15-perforation
- Offers a unique perspective on history, culture, adventure and nature through an array of stunning films that touch and inspire
- Offers an incredibly immersive cinematographic experience with its 180o field of vision
- Is a 3D polarized high-gain screen, measuring 22,86 meters wide by 16,31 meters high (75 feet wide and 53 feet high). That’s 3975 square feet – it’s huge!
The IMAX 3D SR Projection System
- Produces 15 000 watts of light creating images that you can see from the moon!
- Moves film through two reels simultaneously at 102.87meters per minute
The Sound System
- Is a full wrap-around 6-channel digital sound system that produces 30 000 watts of audio – nearly doubling its previous output!
Proudly Canadian, Undeniably Global
- IMAX film camera and projector technologies are Canadian developments
- In 1997, IMAX Corporation won the Oscar for Scientific and Technical Achievement
- Over 300 theatres in 40 countries
Le Droit, Ottawa Citizen, Radio-Canada