The Canadian Museum of Civilization Library is a unique information resource. The Library’s collection covers subjects ranging from ethnology and archaeology through to Aboriginal Peoples and all aspects of history, folklore, multiculturalism, material culture, postal history, as well as museology.
The collection is comprised of:
- More than 60,000 books
- More than 2000 journal and magazine titles, of which 450 are current subscriptions
- More than 1000 DVDs, CDs, and videocassettes
- All Museum publications dating from 1910 to the present day
- Files of information on aboriginal Canadian artists and on the Museum’s history
- More than 8000 e-books and online journals
- A unique collection of rare books
The collection can be consulted on site, or materials can be obtained by interlibrary loan.