This section deals with education programs and special events. It ensures a good school turnout for the programs offered, and makes sure that visitors are pleased with the services and that artists are given good support for their productions. Two training coordinators prepare the training schedules for the Museum’s guides and volunteer educators, and a school services representative ensures the promotion of school services. Dramamuse actors perform in the exhibition halls and the six production coordinators provide logistics support for event organization.
The section will focus on providing:
- exposure to how the logistic and presentation of educational programs, theatre presentations and special events takes place.
- an overview of training and evaluation co-ordination for docents, tour guides and hosts
- procedures used in management of a resident theatre company
Specific Learning Outcomes
These objectives will be reached through assigned tasks and projects which may include the following skills or procedures.
The intern may:
- participate in the stage management of Dramamuse (the resident theatre company)
- implement various steps involved in the coordination of a volunteer corps
- observe different interview methods in the selection of guides, hosts, actors and volunteers
- prepare a presentation for the hosts on a subject of their choice observe the educational programs, theatre presentations and special events.
- observe the educational programs, theatre presentations and special events