The primary objective of the Public Relations and Publishing Branch (PR&PB) — which includes Corporate Communications, Special Events and Public Relations, and Media Relations — is the targeted promotion of the CMCC, its corporate image and ongoing programming nationally and internationally, in order to increase awareness of and attendance to both on-site and outreach initiatives. Working with all other divisions within the CMCC and the CWM, Public Relations and Publishing activities include the implementation of a national visibility public relations campaign, strategic communications, VIP tours and events, exhibition opening events, media relations, and the production of communications publications (annual report, calendar of events, visitor guides, brochures, etc.).
The role of the PR&PB for the purposes of the Aboriginal Training Program may include contributing to the coordination and writing of Public Relations and Publishing projects.
The division will focus on providing:
- knowledge regarding planning and implementation of Public Relations and Publishing tools, strategies, tactics and events;
- information on coordinating events, writing/editing communications materials, implementing communication plans and strategies; and
- exposure to events and press conferences.
Specific Learning Outcomes
These objectives will be reached through assigned tasks and projects which may include the following skills or procedures.
The intern may:
- research and assist in the development and implementation of Communications Plans
- plan VIP visits
- write or edit communications material
- assist in the production of a publication
- assist in the implementation of strategies or special events.